I’m Erin, a Canadian travel writer and podcaster!
When I’m not traveling internationally or exploring Canada, I write and talk about how to travel in a way that is better for the planet and for people. Recently, my profile was featured in the Toronto Star, True North Living, and I won a Traverse Creator Award for Best Written Piece!
When I was 19 years old I moved on a whim to Venice, Italy, where I spent many months working in a hostel. It was there that I earned the nickname Pina because Erin is hard to pronounce if you speak Italian.
My travel love affair originally started at 16, when my parents sent me alone to visit family in the Netherlands. Following that I spent time living in Italy, the Netherlands, and traveled across Europe and Central America solo. To date, I have traveled to Asia, Africa, Europe, Central America, Middle East, Oceania, and across North America.
I believe that travel is an incredible way to learn not only about the world, but about yourself. But, travel is not accessible to all. Those of us who have the financial means, passport, and other benefits that allow us to travel have a responsibility to do it in a way that’s better for people and for the planet. So, I’d like this blog to not only inspire you to travel, but to do so responsibly.
On Pina Travels, you’ll find guides that cover topics like how to avoid overtourism, tips for traveling sustainably, and explanations of travel privilege. You’ll also find destination guides that include responsible travel tips! While a lot of my content is focused on my home province, Ontario, you’ll find blogs covering international destinations too.
Prefer to listen? I also host a podcast about responsible travel called Curious Tourism. You can check it out right here.
Want to work with me? Email me at email@example.com.
- Shortlisted for Best Travel Creator in the Influence Awards 2023
- Won Traverse Creator Award for Best Written Piece, November 2022
- Shortlisted for 4 Traverse Creator Awards, October 2022
In the Press
- 5 Ways to Travel Responsibly – The Toronto Star
- Exploring Sustainable Horizons with Erin Hynes, the Eco-Conscious Travel Influencer – True North Living
- Making a Travel Podcast During a Pandemic – Vocal Fry Studios
- Meet Erin Elizabeth Hynes | Responsible Travel Blogger & Podcaster – Shout Out Colorado
- iHeartRadio podcast Everywhere featured an interview with Erin Hynes
- Erin was featured on The Thoughtful Travel Podcast
- Erin was featured on the Like a Local Podcast
- Erin’s podcast was featured in CBC’s Podcast Playlist – April 2022
- Erin presented a session on traveling with food allergies at Journey Without Limits, and Accessible Travel Summit in November 2024
- Erin led a session on podcast sponsorship at Podcamp 2023
- Erin joined a panel on Leadership in Travel, hosted by Traverse Journeys
- Erin joined a panel on responsible travel for the Travelers Blueprint